Monday, June 6, 2011

"Goals reflect the desires of our heart and our vision of what we can accomplish"

That quote is from Preach My Gospel. Such a worthy reading. 

Anyway, each year I set goals, and in the summer I set goals for just the summer. I am so excited to be in a new place and to experience new adventures and have the opportunity to set goals I just wouldn't have the chance to do otherwise. 

Aaron and I have some goals together, but mainly it's just me, cause, well, I'm the one here all day, every day all summer. It's the perfect time for me to do things I have never done and to refine/revisit things I have already started. 

A couple of my first goals was to start blogging. I really wanted to start one because of something my cute sister-in-law Brittney showed me. She prints a book of their family blog each year. How cool is that??? Scrap-booking done! I thought, I want to be like her and here I am. I have read other people's blogs and I really loved being able to hear about their lives, even if I wasn't an active part of it anymore.  Once I decide to do something, I usually go after it right away, so here I am, blogging about my goal to blog.

The next couple goals on my list were: finally finish the Book of Mormon: in French (don't judge me) and to do some sort of fitness thing in conjunction with my brother-in-law Josh. (ps, Josh and Brittney are married, look how much they've influenced me this summer!) So, I must say, my reading has been so fun so far. I don't understand all of it, there is a lot I've forgotten and BOM french is HARD. But, it isn't too bad. I plan to finish the end of August and so I have to read roughly 2 pages a day. C'est simple. 

The fitness program Aaron and I are doing is INSANITY by beachbody. It's one of those infomercials--get you in the best shape of your lives in 60 days. It looks intense, but we're super excited. We're going full out and looked through the meal plan they have set up and wrote down our goals and whatnot. wow.  Can't wait. 

Some of the other goals I have:
sewing project (with the amazing sewing machine aaron got me)
swimming once a week
riding my bike once a week
cooking 2 new recipes a month
go to these Army wive classes they have here on post. 
Exploring the post/Alabama:
     Do you know they have so much to do on Post? You can make your own picture frames, do pottery, learn how to fix a car (the basics) etc. Plus I have a whole list of things to do in this area. Yup. It's going to be pretty cool. 
Reading a book from our "library" each month. Aaron has some of the coolest books that I discovered while unpacking. 
Get my dog really well trained
family history! :)

Well, I better get going since I have classes tonight and need to get stuff done before I need to make Aaron lunch. Here's to a productive summer! 


1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am glad you are blogging. I love reading other's blogs - it does make you feel so much more connected with people you love but rarely see. And I love it as a way of journaling for myself. Plus I have also made some really good friends through blogs wo I have never met in real life. Anyway, glad to see you have it all successfully set up! I'll keep up with it!

    ReplyDelete