Monday, June 20, 2011

who could ask for anything more?

You know those days when things just seem to fall into place? Anytime that happens, it amazes me. Today just happened to be one of those days. Mondays are, on average, disastrous....and they are notorious for it. So I'm sure you can image my surprise when I woke up this morning ON MY OWN at 7:00am. I needed to be up by 7:30, so I just laid in bed half awake. It was nice. Afterwards I got up thinking I was going running with a new found friend, only to find out that she was still out of town. :( Well, I wasn't going to let the fact that I had gotten up early, dressed in running clothes, found my nano AND had actually remembered to eat breakfast go to waste, so I decided to go running by myself. Now, it must be clear that the last time I went running in Ala BAM a, I almost died. Seriously, I couldn't even make it 2 miles. Sad. I was ready to go---out the door even--when I realized my nano was on 2% battery life. Inside I went. AND to not let my energy down while charging my nano, I decided to call my life long gal pal, cami nurray murray jo heaton. The one and only.  It's amazing the things you can get down when you actually decide to get out of bed. By now the nano is charged and I'm out the door running to "I'm a believer" covered by smashmouth. With my new found exhilaration, I not only go for a run, but I go through the parts of the neighborhood formally banned in my mind because of spiders and snakes. (or course I was praying constantly that I wouldn't find any surprises) and to make things even better, it actually felt nice out. There was a slight breeze and because it had been raining, it was a little cooler. An unlikely surprise. I come home and give Kuma a bath..outside. SUCCESS.  Afterwards I take him for a walk and brush and blow-dry his hair and get in a phone call with my mommy. It's now time for my bath, brush and blow-dry and I'm done just in time to hang out with Aaron for his lunch break---leaving at the same time he does to meet up for lunch with one of my new friends for SUSHI!!! YUM! Who knew you could find good sushi in Daleville, Al? Next a productive hour of cleaning and talking with my other friend, Lacee, ending with Aaron getting off early from class. What joy!!  I send him to take a nap and even though I was tempted to join him, I amaze myself by accomplishing more in my living room and I come up with a brilliant idea of how I want to decorate it, clearing out empty boxes and conquer more spider fears by going into our storage units. Aaron is now up and we make a yummy healthy dinner together, clean the kitchen--going "virtual" shopping with my non-biological sister and end the evening with an amazing FHE, and now actually updating my blog...which in effect, is very much like a journal today.

It may not make sense why I felt the need to log my entire day's activities, but I was so happy to have accomplished so much of what I wanted to do today. I believe that this was because of something I failed to mention that I should have...the actual start of my day, last night. I prayed last night that I would have a productive day today. It may seem silly to people, but I believe that God answers prayers and He loves us enough to care about the small and simple things of our daily lives. He answers our prayers if we care to enough to look for His answers. We just need to take action. I know that sometimes answers come in life-changing events, but mostly---especially me, they come so subtly that I hardly even know they are there at all. I love that how having a productive day and a clean house can bring the spirit into a home. It amazes me at how much a simple hymn before praying can change the course of what you pray for. I love how much God guides our lives and our families. I know this gospel is true. I love it with all my heart. I am so grateful for a wonderful husband who is a priesthood leader and loves the Lord. I am grateful for the scriptures and how they are examples to us, and how going to church can touch you in ways that are so incredibly unique and personal---even when everyone is hearing the same lesson. I know that I won't always feel this way, but I believe it's important to record the times that you do. It's important to write down your testimony and what you are thankful for. It's for this reason I write today for me. For the future me who may wonder if I have what it takes. I can look back and read this and be amazed and think.......if she can do it, so can I !!

No comments:

Post a Comment