Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm amazed at how it's so easy to forget things. Something remain engrained in our brian forever, like when Alex paid Lyra a dollar to squirt toothpaste up her nose and all she kept saying was "it tingles, tingles". haha. Yeah, you don't forget things like that. However, I was looking at my old mission journals. Wow. I don't remember half the people I taught. That is sad to me, those people used to be part of my daily prayers and now I can't even seem to put a face to their name, let alone any sort of personality.  I also came across all my other journals. I think by the time I had unloaded all of my books, I had something like 15 journals spread across my shelf. And I'm pretty sure there are a couple that have gotten lost of the years. Wow, I used to be so good at writing. I skimmed through them and floods of memories came rushing over me. There were some entries that I found myself blushing that I thought it was worth a whole journal entry. Boys seemed to be a topic of great interest to me. Hahah, however as I grew older, my journals grew thinner and thinner and the entries are sometimes years apart. :( Sad, now I don't even have a description of the boy that means the world to me! So I'm thinking the next couple of posts will be about our story and we came to be the incredible couple that we are. Complete with the dating story, the engagement and the wedding. If I intend for this to be a journal of some sorts, than I feel it would be best for me to include some of those life changing events.

 Here are all my journals randomly on the floor. I guess there weren't exactly 15, but it seemed like a ton when I was pulling them out. Aaron also had his mission journal (all 10 pages that he wrote...lol), but his  entries were so much more intelligent than mine. *sigh* Well, maybe it'll help "humanize" me to my girls when they are going through the same age groups.---if I have little girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment